Posted by: rlukei | 2012/01/01

Happy New Year 2012

This morning January 1, 2012, both adults arrived at the nest together at 6:45. The female stayed only about 6 minutes and then flew off. The male left and returned with his talons full of grass and straw. He left again and did the same thing returning with more grass, this time calling for his mate who did not respond. He then left at 7:56 and has not returned. The female arrived about 8:30 with grass in her talons, stayed a few minutes and left. Now the nest has a pile of grass and straw. The new year has begun.

Responses

Happy New Year, Reese & thank you so much for the update on the Pair. I know we’re all looking forward to the 1st egg. 😉

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You again for the great news to start off the New Year!

Great photos! Love the new cams!

Thank you Reese – what a wonderful way to start the new year.

Happy New Year Reese, thank you for keeping us updated on Dad Norfolk and his new lady. It’s going to be an exciting time soon.

Couldn’t have received a better birthday gift! Make that nest soft and comfy then let’s get going so we can have some eggs!! Thanks for your post Mr. Lukei. It made my day…. (P.S.) “Captcha” are those letters one has to type in under our comments so they will post. They are hard to read sometimes…

Reese, warmest wishes for a Healthy, Happy Eagle filled New Year to you and family. Your photos, so precious. Thank you for sharing.

Captcha – A type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are assumed to be unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted at a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted at a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires the user to type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.

Response – OK, OK – Now I know what a “captcha” is and I probably have more problems reading those things than anyone. Not anything I can do about it either, because it is part of the requirements of the blog program. I wish there was because I would make it impossible to receive the dozens of SPAM that spam jerks send to this site each day. You never see any of that spam because I delete it.

Happy New Year Reese, I was working today and was lucky enough to see Dad flying over playing in the thermals over the airport at around 1 PM. He only made one pass over the airport access road before he turned around and made several passes over the “old” part of NBG before heading “home’. Last we saw him he was flying over the main part of NBG still heading toward the nest. As long as he doesnt get any closer to runways than he did today, he should be safe. Plus, being New Years, no airline traffic to speak of. We were VERY slow all day.

Happy New Year Reese and fellow eagle lovers. This nest is so special. Now that fresh grass is being brought in I suspect the mating will soon commence. I hope 2012 brings a couple of bobble heads to Pa Norfolk and his new bride. Hope she copes well with the media and her life as a nature reality star.

We do appreciate you posting the pics and giving us updates Reese – you are the best.

Checked to see if I could decipher my “captcha” first (thanks, Pink Floyd, I now know what to call it!) so I could thank you, Reese, for this marvelous post that starts the New Year just right for this eagle addict. Who knew grass and straw could be such an uplifting omen for so many! Happy New Year!

What a fabulous start to the new year! These are wonderful pictures and its so exciting to see them continually adding to the nest. Thanks for keeping us informed. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thanks Reese – BEAUTIFUL !!! When Dad brings her the pine cone gift , we will know it’s true love 🙂

Happy New Year Reese

Thank you again for the wonderful photos and update. It’s a beautiful start to the new year. Happy 2012 to you!

I haven’t been on the site for a long time and just happened to stop in today. I didn’t know Dad had found a new Lady! We’ll never forget his first love but life goes on and I’m happy for him, can’t wait to see babies in that nest!

Wow Mr Lukei, Happy New Year to you and your family, cant wait for the cams to start and the bobbleheads arrive..thank you for all the work you do

Great pictures! So exciting…the season is about to start. We say welcome to the new “Lady” but we will never forget our “Lady Legacy”.

Happy New Year to you and your family Reese and thanks to you. As always…you’re the best!

These pictures are so beautiful. Seeing these two together really brightens my New Year. Thank you for sharing them with us. I cry everytime I see the new female, but am glad the male has found a new mate. I am hopeful that we will have some eggs to watch real soon.

I’m really looking forward to the new season. I only learned about this site when the three little balls of fluff were only a week old this past season. I missed all the preparations of the nest, mating, egglaying and also the hatching. I’m very excited to be in on the 2012 season from the very beginning. It certainly has been an eventful year. My New Year’s wish is for a normal, regular nesting season. Even though I only got to watch Mom Norfolk for a month, I was heartbroken when word came through that the eagle killed was indeed her. Thank you Reese for all you do and your love and dedication to the eagles.

Categories